Sunday, August 31, 2008

Peach & Berries Upside Down Cake

I finally solved the problem with my oven...& I used it today for my 1st cake in months...
To anyone that knows me ...making desserts is what I enjoy most...
I like to try new recipes with different flavours...

My DD helped me in preping this yummy cake..

Ingredients & How to cook:

3 cups Peaches,peeled ,stoned & cut into cubes
1/2 cup Grapes ,seeds removed
1/2 cup raisins

Mix all fruits together & add:

1/4 cup Honey
2 Tbs corn starch
1 tsp vanilla
dash of Cinnamon
dash of ground nutmeg

Bring to a simmering boil until fruit mixture thickens



Prepare the cake mixture:
1/2 cup Butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
beat them very well using mixer & then add:

4 Eggs
1 tsp Vanilla

Add dry ingredients

1 1/2 cups Flour,sifted
1/2 cup rolled Oats
1 1/2 Tbs Baking Powder
Dash of salt


Put the fruit mixture into the pan


Pour the cake mixture over fruit mixture

Bake in preheated oven at 180 degrees for 30 - 35 minutes







Invert cake in serving dish

Slice cake in individual portions & spoon some of the hot bubbly fruit on top of the cake..yummy....

ENJOY!!


No comments: