Saturday, September 06, 2008

Flat bread & Lahma be3ajeen recipe

I saw the recipe for flat bread at Arabic Bites & I've been dying to try it....

Actually I was planning to make 2 recipes from their blog

Flat bread &

Lahma Be3ajeen



I made the flat bread recipe twice...



The 1st time I just made regular flat bread ...it was so tasty & very easy to make......here's a pic of the dough balls




& here's the flattened dough just before I put it on the non stick pan to cook

& ofc ourse I just made it before iftar so ......I didn't have a chance to take a pic ... I would've been eaten by the hungry crowds


On my 2nd attempt ...& on the suggestion of dear hubby I used the dough to make lahma be3ajeeen

It was oven baked ...

& this is one of the times where I'm thankful for my webcam...

the bread was a bit on the dry side....& the pics I took don't show this ...I guess....but it was tasty & edible.....











5 comments:

lubnakarim06 said...

Something new and looks awesome.

Ange said...

ooohhh jazaks for the link!! my hubby is egyptian and i have been trying to find good recipes to make him for ramadan... this is a great link.. thanks!

Anonymous said...

Lahmacun in Turkish! Look yummy..
Aysegul.

Yasmeen said...

The bread looks delicious Mashallah!

umelbanat said...

having a new kitchen is nice cause I get to go shopping for new stuff...It's also a b**** b/c I'm having a very difficult time getting used to cooking in it & getting the oven temperature right....the kids & hubbby just have to grin & bare it!!