Sunday, August 01, 2010

I'm inlove....




with garage sales that is.



Sister Umm Omar asked about what I think of the US so far and one of the things that I LOVE about living here is the fact that every weekend I can drive around naighbourhoods looking for deals.



It's amazing some of the things that you can find in garage sales, from children's toys to household items.


Some of the great things that are a real bargain are books ,these are usually from .25 cents to a $1. Another item that I like to get at garage sales are glassware and baskets these are pretty cheap even cheaper than the dollar store or the thrift store.


One of my proud moments was when I found a Sony Digital Camera exactly like this one that retails at $$150







and what did I pay for mine...ehm ehm... $15 USD.


I would love to end this post by sharing this touching story about garage sales from Carol at American Bedu.

2 comments:

Umm Omar said...

I love shopping at garage sales-and having garage sales!

umelbanat said...

Haven't had one yet but I believe it is a wonderful learning experience for the whole family.