Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Open to trust




I was flipping through some old emails...& I found this very enlightened post that I wanna share with all of you...


I felt like the words were speaking to me at this specific moment of my life....


Things have been very difficult & confusing for some time now....buttttt


I have a deep feeling that I will emerge from all this pain stronger & with a beter understanding of the world...in sha Allah


But it still hurts to carry this burden......

“When I grip the wheel too tight, I find I lose control.”
-- Steve Rapson

WE SEEK TO CONTROL OUR LIVES WHEN WE DO NOT TRUST, WHEN WE DO NOT LOVE. Our ego, perceiving itself to be vulnerable and insecure, uses control in an effort to protect itself.

At the root of our need to control, we find FEAR. It may be fear of the unknown. Fear of not coping. Fear of loss. Or possibly even fear of looking stupid. And as our efforts to control other people and events invariably fail, our fear increases.

Trust, on the other hand, is a quality of the soul. While control is a tool of the mind, TRUST AND FAITH ARE ASPECTS OF THE HEART. Trust comes with the deep knowing that we are spiritual beings in physical bodies. When we trust enough in life to give up our need to control, we can relax and open to the flow of energy in our lives. This brings peace of mind.

"The only real security in life lies in relishing life's insecurity."
-- M. Scott Peck

No comments: